Is Social Media a viable channel for engaging with your target market?
How do you know if your FaceBook page is attracting anyone?
Are they the right people?
Am I just wasting my time?
These are really important question that are all easily answered.
Of the three predominant social media platforms, Facebook is the most popular and dynamic. Every FaceBook business page captures analytics that can be viewed via the ‘Insights’ page which displays a breakdown of who, what, where, and why. (well almost).
This is the road map to that page:
- Log on to your FaceBook page, in the right top corner click Profile
- Right under that, click on ‘Edit Page’.
- Left side of the screen, in the side bar navigation near the bottom, click on ‘Insights”
- The first tab on the far left of your screen under Page Insights is ‘Page Overview’,
- just to the right of that you will see ‘Users’ and to the right of that in blue font is ‘See Details’, click on that.
- Now this is where you’ll learn everything about your FaceBook business page, 8 graphs and charts laid out for easy viewing and comprehension.
Look at different dates by week or month. If you happen to see some significant movement in the charts or graphs, make note of it and look to see what you were posting during that time, or vise-versa, go look at the dates on your graphs and charts of when you posted a promotion, interesting news, etc., see how it was received.
All this information will help you understand what you are doing right, wrong, and who is reacting to it. And remember, social media is only as good as what you put into it!!
If your expected output is not reflective of your input then you need to rethink your strategy.
Contact us, we’ll show you a better way.